As holiday park owners, we have a healthy respect for the natural world. That’s why it is important to us to play our part in protecting it. Pinelog is committed to building environmentally friendly and sustainable timber lodges.
Timber is one of the best renewable building materials and compared to concrete, steel, cement and glass requires much less energy in production. It also has a positive influence on the indoor climate and so on the well-being of the people who inhabit the building. It is also an excellent heat and humidity regulator allowing a lodge to breathe and control the humidity of the surroundings.
Pinelog’s timber is PEFC certified and is sourced from a PEFC-certified forest, which means that the forest is managed sustainably and in line with strict international requirements, that will ensure that the forest will be around for generations to come.
Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC)
The PEFC is an international non-profit, non-governmental, umbrella organisation dedicated to promoting Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) through independent third-party certification.
What makes us sustainable?
Pinelog incorporates a number of measures to ensure lodges are sustainable and more environmentally friendly. And we are proud to say that they all come as standard:
- All our timber is PEFC rated and comes from responsibly managed forests.
- Laminated timber beams provide structural support for our lodges. Unlike some other lodge manufacturers, we do not use a high-carbon footprint metal chassis.
- External walls are 180mm thick. Our standard insulation for walls, floor and roof provides thermal efficiency beyond the requirements of BS EN 3632:2015.
- Attention to manufacturing detail means that air permeability and CO2 emissions rates comply with building regulations.
- Our external cladding is made from either Scandinavian redwood (which is pressure treated using an environmentally friendly water-based treatment) or larch, which is a durable and resilient timber that does not require a treatment to preserve it.
- Double glazed doors and windows are available in uPVC. Large areas of glazing allow sunlight to enter the building, encouraging solar gain and minimising the need for electric lighting during the darker months of the year.
- We always use low-energy lighting and energy-efficient white goods.
- Where a gas supply is available, we always fit an energy-efficient condensing boiler.
- Electric heating comes from LOT 20 compliant panel heaters with open window technology and 24/7 programming options.
- We always fit dual flush toilets and, where we can, we fit water-saving showers and taps.
- Pinelog’s roof tiles supplier is a company awarded the ISO 14001 accreditation and so manufacture with a minimum effect on the environment.
- Sustainable technology is moving forward at a fast pace. We are keen to use new developments that are suitable for lodges. We can supply further details if you would like to know more.
The Pinelog range of lodges
Choose from a range of lodges, from entry level Essence through to the aspirational, contemporary Glade lodge. You’ll find a selection of standard floorplans for each range, all perfect for the holiday letting market. All our designs make maximum use of space to create the most appealing accommodation.
Buying for a holiday park
At Pinelog, we understand the unique demands of the holiday park sector, because we experience them too. All our lodges are tried and tested by our own award-winning parks in the Derbyshire Peak District where Pinelog lodges have been used for over 20 years.